[3830] SS CW NC6K SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 00:22:12 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SDG

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I knew I wouldn't be able to operate much of Sunday, and considered pulling an
all-nighter to try to get near the 24-hour limit, but knew I'd be comatose for
family commitments if I did. So, this was a half-sweepstakes for me. Conditions
seemed OK on the bands that were open (20, 40 and 80 M), but I had a hard time
getting runs going this year.

A glitch in my CW was causing many stations to ask for repeats, and it turned
out to be a 50-millisecond delay I put in for a previous VHF contest to avoid
frying my 6M preamp. Nice that I figured it out after the contest was over.
There's always something, and it's usually operator-induced. Oh well - gives me
another "the sun got in my eyes, so I missed the ground ball" excuse.

I'm hoping I can spend a full 24 hours on SSB in two weeks. It's always
frustrating to look at my score and think about what might have been if I had
spent the full BIC time.