[3830] SS CW KY4F SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 07:33:10 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Alabama

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Murphy struck at about 0200Z.  I have a remote tuner at the antenna feed point
and suddenly it would not hold tune.  Out into the dark of night I went looking
for loose connections, downed wires, etc.  Nothing looked amiss.  Returned to
the shack and... still no go.  To make a long story short, I missed almost two
hours of prime time rewiring the shack to use an in-shack tuner.  That kinda put
a damper on things for me!  Oh well, there's always next year.

I missed EWA, VI and PR.

On the plus side, this was my first contest with the IC-7610.  I was duly
impressed.  Great radio.

73.  Thanks for the Q's.  Hope to see you for SSB when Linda and I will be
operating with her call WN1G.

Doug,
KY4F