[3830] SS CW W2FU(N2ZN) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 08:57:58 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): N2ZN
Station: W2FU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W2

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Many thanks to Jeff, W2FU, for use of the station this weekend. The usual
multiop effort we do from here was cancelled due to operator availability, so
Jeff kindly allowed me to S/O this year.  The station performed perfectly as
usual, and the new 3/3 on 40 really played.

Fortunately, I had about an hour of on time left when NP3X showed on Sunday
afternoon for section 83.  Thanks to VY1AAA (W1VE), NP4Z, and the Rays from NNY
for the other rare sections.

This is actually the 20th anniversary of my first SSCW-I was in high school (and
still pretty new)at that time, and operated with a couple of even newer hams at
their QTH in NLI.  Between the three of us, we may have actually known all the
characters of the code!  I've only missed the years 2000-2003 since then.

73, Ken N2ZN