[3830] SS CW K1XM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 09:35:00 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: K1XM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was an exercise in sleep deprivation.

We returned from Alaska on Friday, getting home at around 11:30PM.  Got up too
early Saturday morning to go out for breakfast and run some errands, including
getting a typhoid vaccination.

SS felt more like the second half of a 48 hour contest.  I wasn't able to use
the second radio much because I was too tired.  The K3 seemed deaf and I
wondered if I had blown a front end diode.  A few hours later I realized that I
had inadvertently turned the RF gain down.

My 80 meter antenna is often broken by November but it stayed up this year.
Maybe I've figured out how to build it so it is reliable.  On the other hand
something went wrong in the tribander switching and I think I operated the
contest with the lower tribander connected - and it is fixed on Europe.

I'll be on from YB9 in the CQ WW CW contest.  Hope to work you all on multiple
bands...