[3830] SS SSB K7RB/1 SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 21:03:18 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7RB/1
Operator(s): K7RB
Station: K7RB/1

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MAINE
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

I had planned on operating remotely as KP4/K7RB (using a nice Puerto Rico
station with 500 W and Force 12 antennas) and had spent several days getting
everything set up and tested. As of 1800Z on Saturday everything was working
smoothly and I had done an on-air test of the station to confirm that the audio
was good, I could rotate the antenna, the telnet spots were working well and the
N1MM+ audio macros were right. Everything was in perfect condition. I logged out
of the station and came back at 2045Z to find that the station was no longer
accessible. Right now I don't know what happened, hopefully will find out this
week what caused the problem. So I reverted to using a station in Maine (again
operated remotely) with just 100W to an OCF dipole. A low power station in NE
Maine is not a good choice for a US contest, but I gave it go anyway. Conditions
weren't that great but at least I gave a few stations their only ME contact.