[3830] SS SSB NW6P Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 22:10:52 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): W9KKN W6IA K6DAJ
Station: NW6P

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another successful Multi-Op @ NW6P, thanks Tom!

We had a team of 3 this time, Bill/W9KKN, David/K6DAJ, and Mark/W6IA.

W9KKN started us off on Saturday and Sunday with K6DAJ providing relief both
Saturday night and Sunday afternoon up until the finish. W6IA covered Sunday
morning.

We started off on 20m Saturday and stayed there until it started showing signs
of fading off, ignoring 15m entirely. Both 20m/40m has a bit of overlap thanks
to the SO2R capability (currently only high power on one side) of the station,
we were able to join the 40 meter crowd a bit earlier and not lose momentum on
20m.

We followed the standard West Coast sweepstakes plan of stopping at 01:00 PST
and continuing at 07:00 PST. We were keeping an eye on contestonlinescore.com
for most of the contest, which helped to motivate us to keep up the momentum. It
turns out that our main competition (at least within those submitting live
scores) decided to stay awake all night and end early, which gave us ample
chance to catch up. The early rates of the contest were super helpful, but we
were able to almost continuously sustain medium rate.

The only section we missed from the sweep was Newfoundland, who toward the end
of the contest, seemed to hang around 80m, but was inaudible for us.

Thanks for the Q's everyone!

-- Bill/W9KKN