[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 22:22:25 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This is the second year in a row I've missed the sweep, this time by five
sections.  I never found a VI or NL and I couldn't break through the pile-ups
for PQ or SC and by the time the pile-up had dwindled on W4GE (SC) on 80m at the
end of the contest, the path was fading and he CQd in my face.  I hate to leave
those "on the table" but that's the way it goes! I faintly heard W0SD
in SD on 80, and there was no way he was going to hear me.  I was afraid I was
going to miss Iowa too, but then worked two of them back-to-back with a couple
hours to go.

I didn't hear a single signal on 15.  40 and 80 seemed to go long early
Saturday night, but 80 was my "go-to" band on Sunday afternoon and
evening and I had pretty good luck there.  At times the QSB on 40 and 80 was
very fast and deep.

Of course with QRP there is always the occasional "I need it all
again" responses to my exchange.  But most perators were very patient and
worked to pull out my exchange and get it correct.  Thanks!

Station:
   Yaesu FTDX3000 running 5 watts
   Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40 feet, 40m rotatable dipole at 43 feet,
ladder line fed inverted vee with apex at 38 feet.

73,
Randy, ND0C