[3830] SS SSB N4OO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 09:35:35 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4OO
Operator(s): N4OO
Station: N4OO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Goal was 1000 Q's and a sweep. That was accomplished.

80 was just spectacular from here Saturday night with no storms nearby and quiet
conditions -  but knew Sunday would be a real drag with just dipoles on 15, 20
and 40. Could not hold a frequency on 20 all day so that became painful S &
P and had maybe an hour at most on 40 with a decent rate.

Crazy how loud VY1AAA was in CW and how weak he was from here on SSB. Had to
work thru an almost zero beat loud W6 to get that 1 in the log. That was # 83.

Funny - heard a W1 station working stations by call area - 'OK any more 2's - ok
any 3's.. Geez.

Stupid - I got to hear the whistler this year that I heard about last year. He
qrm'ed me for a while, but had no issue working thru it. He was getting tired
too as he would sometime mess it up. Had to withhold my laughter (on the mic
anyway) lest he knew I could hear him!

Good - Nice to have only 10 dupes - excellent!!

Happy Thanksgiving all - N4OO