[3830] SS SSB K6AM(@NX6T) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 13:06:08 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6AM
Operator(s): K6AM N6MJ N6WIN KK6NON KI6RRN N6KI
Station: NX6T

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SDG

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The K6AM call has not been heard in SS Phone for many years.
We have been operating from W6YI for a while.  But after winning
most years, that station was not available this time.  So we brought
core operators, N6MJ, N6WIN, N6KI and myself over to the NX6T contest
station a few hilltops to the west.  We were joined by our two young
champions-in-training , Axel, KI6RRN, and Levi, KK6NON.  Both of these
guys have respectable records already.  Sitting in the chair right
next to WRTC champ, N6MJ while he listens in goes a long way toward
getting them up to top speed quickly.

Conditions on 20 and 40 were pretty good and we even got a decent count
on 15 but it closed about 2 pm leaving us with only 20 for an hour or so.

The score was a bit higher than last year at W6YI at this somewhat more
modest facility, so operating goes a lot further at least in SS, where
you can eventually work everyone you hear.

Look for Dan, N6MJ next weekend as ZF1A in the CQWW SSB

John, K6AM