[3830] SS SSB W6UE School Club HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 21 01:30:41 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): KK6TJF KK6TIV KM6OUK N6AN N9JAM VA6DAF
Station: W6UE

Class: School Club HP
QTH: LAX

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

W6UE is back on the air! Our Caltech team included one undergrad and one
grad student, one community member and three staff members. Most of the
team were completely new to HF and contesting. Everyone got microphone
time and appeared to really enjoy the experience. Most of the group was
able to come back Sunday for more fun. I stayed up late Saturday on 40
slowly pulling stations out of the noise as their signals rode the QSB.
We have one antenna, an A3S/40 @90' fixed at 70 degrees. We heard
every section but NL and missed SCV, SJV, NT, ONS. When we get a wire
up for 75/80 and connect the A3 rotator next year's sweep possibilities
will be better. What a joy to share my passion for HF and contesting with
other hams on campus! Thanks for the QSOs. David N6AN