[3830] CQWW CW K8MFO SOSB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 06:59:11 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Ohio

   40:  615    36      114

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

This was a ONE DAY effort. For the past week I've been cleaning up the debris
from a severe ice storm.   I spent the entire day Friday cutting and selling
Christmas trees.   After staying up all Friday night, with just a few hours of
sleep on Saturday, I could not imagine a repeat on Saturday night!    So, at
2359Z I decided to bail out.   A few minutes later I heard VE3CX and could not
resist giving him a QSO.   Anyone who is fluent in Finnish and lives on the
north shore of Lake Superior should not be without a Zone 4 and USA QSO!    I
grew up on the south shore and can make myself understood in Finnish if I wave
my arms a lot.   Tom's fluency is better!

I had loads of fun in my 17 hour effort.   At 1200Z on Saturday,  I had 427 QSOs
in 36 zones and 112 countries.   This was probably 95% search and pounce.
Conditions were most interesting. Stations in Zones 17, 18, and 19 were
plentiful, and short path to SE Asia was also good.   I'm not sure why QSO
totals for the past few years have been down on 40, but the fun factor is still
there.

I first sat in the chair for CQWW CW in 1959, and made 7 QSOS.   This is the
best contest of all, and I will be back as always.

Thanks for all the fun!

73

Don K8MFO

Elecraft K3S and KPA1500.    Mosley PRO67B at 118 feet and 40 meter dipole up 50
feet for the Caribbean and Central America.