[3830] CQWW CW AA7A(@NA7TB) SO(A)SB160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 11:05:17 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA7A
Operator(s): AA7A
Station: NA7TB

Class: SO(A)SB160 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Remote Operation

  160:  339    28       88

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I took a year off from VooDoo Contest Club travels this year and operated this
contest from "home" this year. I fully intended to operate in the
SB(A) category but antennas kept failing out at the NA7TB Contest ranch in the
weeks before the contest. Normally, when things break out at the ranch I jump in
the truck with my partner Lee, KY7M, and we take the four-hour long drive out to
the site and do what needs to be done to have the station ready for the upcoming
event. We have this routine down having done this 38 times over the last two
years. But, Lee is on travel to PJ2T for the contest this year and we did nt
have time to squeeze in one more trip. So, the only LF antenna working this past
weekend was the amazing N5IA 8-Circle antenna with the associated 16-direction
beverage array. Not a bad antenna to fall back to.

I hope I put zone 3 in your log on 160. It sure was fun to hear so much DX
activity in this contest. I was hoping at the end to complete DXCC during the
contest but I was apparently hearing better than I was being heard and a number
of needed ones eluded me.

73 and see you from the road next year from somewhere.

Ned / AA7A
Operating remote to NA7TB in Safford, AZ DM52