[3830] CQWW CW N5XE SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 20:10:50 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5XE
Operator(s): N5XE
Station: N5XE

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 11:39

  160:    7     4        6
   80:   20    10        9
   40:   54    15       30
   20:  129    19       55
   15:   47    14       22
   10:    1     1        1

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

All search and pounce in this one.

Got a late start Friday night (0500Z).  Started out slow...so much so that I
decided to throw in the towel at around 0630Z with only 25 QSOs.

Saturday morning was better, with JA's and KH6 stations on both 80 and 40
meters.  Spent some time on 20 working EU.  Saturday afternoon, had a good path
to JA on 20.

Saturday night wasn't much better than Friday night, and I threw in the towel at
0430Z.

Spent Sunday afternoon working most of the bands, picking up multipliers where I
could.

Some of the pileups I heard were horrible...stations calling while the DX was
transmitting, stations calling out of turn, etc.  I heard at least a couple of
DX stations tell everyone to LISTEN, so he could get the station he was wanting.

My biggest complaint - those DX stations that would not identify every few
QSO's.  That makes it tough on us that are unassisted, as we don't know who the
station is until he identifies.  Then, when he does, and someone is calling him
blind, we still don't know who the station is...so that is another several
minutes wasted.  I know a one minute limit on identifying has been mentioned,
but I am not sure how it can be enforced.  Maybe the rule should state that
after 3 or 4 QSO's the station must identify (but again, I am not sure it could
be enforced).

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  CQWW is a fun contest - one of my favorites.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

73, Carl