[3830] CQWW CW GW4J(GW0ETF) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 07:25:09 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GW4J
Operator(s): GW0ETF
Station: GW4J

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Gwynedd

  160:   72     7       31
   80: 1085    17       65
   40:  865    22       72
   20: 1052    22       74
   15:  237    16       43
   10:    3     1        3

Despite being limited by no 160m antenna this was a first go at SOAB. It was
great fun but my best years at this game have definitely passed me by. There was
a spell in the final 3 hours when fatigue hit me and I seemed incapable of
copying many calls first time and felt an idiot. I should have taken a break but
when you're watching those numbers roll by towards the end of a contest there's
no way you're going to stop. CQWW DX is one of those contests you know you're
never going to run out of folk to work. Star band for me was 80m particularly on
Saturday.

All wires here - dipoles for 80, 20 and 10m and a 1/4 wave vertical for 40m
(plus 15m). I used the 80m antenna at 100w from the K3/atu to work some easy
mults on 160m but this was very much a 5 band show.

Thanks for the fun...

Stew,