[3830] CQWW CW OK6W(OK1MU) SOSB10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 09:19:54 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK6W
Operator(s): OK1MU
Station: OK6W

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: OL7M

   10:  179    4        34
------------------------------
Total:  179    4        34  Total Score = 6,042

This year, we did not have time to prepare for this contest... Only the day
before the WW, I went back from my business trip to 5H and Honza OK2ZAW took off
on his YB vacation. So there was not time to prepare all BVRG antennas and
complete setup for the lower bands. In addition, my wife got sick and my
daughter celebrated her 18th birthday, so I decided not to go for my backup
option 14MHz, and chose the least time demanding band 28MHz.

I used a very basic setup - only 6 EL Yagi in 11m AGL, IC756PROIII + PA.
Both days I have been on the band for the whole time and the situation on the
band most reminded UHF contest at 1296MHz, hihi .. First day I logged 109 QSO
and the second day just 70 QSO. I'm glad that I could give the multiplier to the
other stations. Btw, I have not heard any station outside the EU, crazy ...

Anyway I enjoyed this weekend very much, because it was another kind of strategy
than the fantastic open lower bands with thousands of station.

Thank you for all QSOs!

Pavel, OK6W/OK1MU