[3830] CQWW CW IB9T M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 15:44:02 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IB9T
Operator(s): IT9BLB IT9CLN IT9RZU IT9VDQ
Station: IB9T

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Palermo-JM68QE

  160:  158    13       59
   80:  587    22       87
   40: 1222    37      129
   20: 1435    35      128
   15:  589    24      107
   10:   28     7       24

Club: ARIPA DX Team

Comments:

The triumph of Mr. Murphy! We've been forced to join the contest running a small
loaned 2000VA 4-stroke electric generator, due to the fall of some tall trees
over the main power line and its breakage. Then, not enough power for water
pump, neither enough for frigo nor for coffee machine; our toilet in the full
weekend was the wood. The power generator was just good for powering two radios,
two tower PCs, four small lamps and antenna rotators, IF AND ONLY IF the runner
station was staying QRX waiting for the new beaming position... A real pain.
On sunday morning, the 10m rotator decided to definitively stop, killing our
possibilities to catch some precious new multipliers, audible but impossible to
contact in barefoot conditions, without a right beaming.

At the end, great suffering but also a lot of happiness for the very
satisfactory result achieved.

CU in next one!
"Joe", IT9BLB
One of IB9T