[3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 18:28:19 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Massachusetts

  160:    9     4        3
   80:   48    11       33
   40:  169    13       63
   20:  160    20       70
   15:   22    11       18
   10:    1     1        1

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is becoming my favorite contest, even with my meager CW
skills!  (Assisted, of course.)  My goal was 384K points.
Oh well...   I did hear (but did not complete) a VK6 in Z29,
which would have completed my WAZ.

I did grab my 49th state for CW-WAS.

I have been improving my low HF fan dipole -- the center is
now up at 32', far better that it was (at 20') and with the
NW end at ~32' at least that half (of the 80-trap-40) is flat.
The SW end is still much too low as it goes into trees at about
10'; more work to be done. I'm not sure how much improvement
this will generate, but my 160/80/40 results were better than
any previous CQWWCW.  (But conditions were good as well.)

10m: Forget it, EXCEPT for my (and many others) K1TTT double mult!

15M: Didn't hear much.

20M: Sunday morning was FUN
Had a stretch very close to 1/minute, S&P, best ever on CW.

Looking forward to ARRL 160 from my Maine QTH this weekend.

Rig: TS-2000
Log: N3FJP's CQ WW DX Contest Log v5.7
Antennas:
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30ft (not that it mattered much...)
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33ft
   20  HB Moxon @ 36ft
   80/40/160 (modified AD DX-CC with 160 added "zig-zag"
       around back yard).
BIC = 14 hr
100% S&P

Larry / W1DYJ