[3830] CQWW CW W2IRT SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 22:39:52 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

   20:  329    30      111
   15:   52    16       47

First time using the Flex 6500 + Maestro combination, which replaced my
defective K3s that was still in the shop getting repaired. BIG thanks once again
to fellow FRCer Dave, WO2X, for saving the day.

I was physically in Canada, but was operating my New Jersey station remotely.
The Maestro/6500 combination worked perfectly, as did my Elecraft KPA-1500. We
ran out of time setting everything up so I only had one antenna to work off,
which was my C31XR; Meaning 10-15-20 only.

Due to family/time commitments I was only able to get on the air for 10 hours in
total over the two days, all during daylight hours. Saturday I was chasing
mults, and Sunday I worked what I could grab, mult or Q.

Afternoons weren't great but Europe was just fine, and I managed a few Qs to
Africa as well. The usual wall of South American stations and JAs didn't really
materialize on Sunday and I shut down at 22z, just dog-tired from a weekend of
making merry.