[3830] CQWW CW HL1VAU SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 27 07:07:06 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HL1VAU
Operator(s): HL1VAU
Station: HL1VAU

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Seoul, Korea

  160:    6     2        3
   80:   95     9       14
   40:  203    24       51
   20:  339    24       71
   15:   54    12       19
   10:    5     4        5

Club: Korea Contest Club

Comments:

TRX : IC-735 100w
ANT : Longwires + SGC SG-230 ATU + some short counterpoises on the balcony for
ground screen
Wire 1 : 7.3m length for 20/15/10m
Wire 2 : 17.8m length for 160/80/40m

ICOM FL-100 stock installed instead of old FL-32A original option filter
RFSpace SDR-IQ for CW skimmer
Microham Microkeyer
N1MM Logger+

Thanks for everyone who kept the patience and received my weak signal in crowded
band..! I had to repeat my callsign times and time, and some of you had to
struggle to copy my weak signal under QSB and poor propagation.

10m was almost dead, and 15m was also nearly same as 10m. 20m was mainstream
during daytime and fairly good for all directions. It was amazing that 40m kept
alive to Europe eventhough the time was 2 hours after the sunrise.

The highlight was that I could work EF8R on 80m just after sunrise in Sunday
morning.. I've never expected my longwire and barefoot could possible to work
Europe and Africa on 80.
Top band was out of the question in urban city lot, but a few local QSO was
possible.

Had a lot of fun and I hope more better propagation next year.
73, Rocky