[3830] CQWW CW KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 27 10:38:10 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: kp4

  160:  282    15       61
   80: 1187    23       80
   40: 1925    31      102
   20: 2191    28       97
   15: 1014    23       80
   10:    9     6        9

Club: los chachos

Comments:

As everyone is saying, this one will surely not be forgotten soon.
Getting ready for the contest was a priority after the station being destroyed
by the hurricane and whatever left by a direct lightning strike it was more a
test of will. Of course with all the excitement on social media and so many
people engaged in the activity it looked like another memorable event even at
the bottom of the solar cycle. the station played well
with my trustable c3 being the star of the high bands and new full wave dipoles
on the low bands allowing me to work anything I heard. at times on 160 you loose
sense that you where actually there and felt more like 40 meter with a constant
stream of europeans calling in.

I need to say that im very impressed at the level of excitement created by
social media, it allowed for the friendly fight between, Dan and Chris, the
showcase of Ranko's and others technologies, the road tests of "black
boxes" and a lot of curiosity by new operators thrilled by technology and
what can be done at the hi end competition.

Very impressed on how older types where posting very good scores and it seems
that age doesnt matter when it comes to the radio sport. This is good.. I think
radio keeps enhancing and boundaries are being pushed and when you can break the
record of received logs and quite possibly break the CW record of all times at
this point in the cycle, it only means that contesting is getting stronger and
as someone said, we are seeing the best of times right now!

Many thanks to all that made this possible, particularly to the little pistols
and many remotes who made it fun for all of us DX types!

73's

Felipe
NP4Z