[3830] CQWW CW RL3A(@UA5L) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 28 05:51:32 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: RL3A
Operator(s): UA3ASZ RL3FT UA4Z RA3ATX RN3DNM RU3RQ R3DCX RA9USU RU3UR R3LA RV3FF UX3IW
Station: UA5L

Class: M/S HP
QTH: 16

  160:  342    29      108
   80: 1225    36      134
   40: 2559    39      165
   20: 1934    37      158
   15:  440    36      137
   10:   31     9       31

Back to USSR!

 After 5 years activity from Marocco we operated WW from Russia. It seems to be
the same or even more interesting event, despite of the less result in QSO's.
 We have dane a huge work at creating station, but still we see that we must do
much more. Big Thanks every one who help us in this!!

Some word about conests!

Shack:
RUN: 2 positions with posibility independing choose of any combination of 3 RX
RUN antenns. Work well with posibility to use beverges for low band and recive
in transmition.
S&P(inband): 1 position  with rotatable cubical quards removed at 400m out
of Shack. Worked quite well, but result shows that one station cannot take all
spote and we lost about posible 400-500 QSOs.

160m: Independing position for mult.
MULT: 80-10 band mult station with capability of use any of runs antennas.

Skimmer: local skimmer whitch uses bevereges for all bands. This position gave
us the chance to be first at new MULT.

All 6 positions used 5 bevereges independently and 2 positions addintional 8
beverges for DX directions.

Impression:

160
 Unbelivebal propogation.  Our 4-sq  with 50m in site and elevated  at 6 m
element worked perfectly. 4-sq winned bevereges in RX at North-West and
North-east directions almost all the time.
 Run was very short, but with good PTS/qso (about 100 NA station in 1 Hour!!).

80
As usial we try to make good score at first nite. So in the morning we count 900
qso on 80.
We used fixet wire Yagi at ~50m high. Worked perfectly!

40
Band was open well to US and JA only during the day and not so well at night
time.
Any way we got good score, almost at sunday day and evening.

20
Ja's was good during all 2 days. Propogation was good at sunday and suprising at
saturday nigh with good count of qso of zone 3 and 4.

15
JA's was good both days, but propogation was very short. Almost no propogation
to Europe.
NA was close almost all the time. But propogation give chanse to take quite well
mult from NA. The large part of caribian mults was taken after SS. It was
interesting to see the propogation to 3 zone in 19z. It gives us zone 3 and 4,
we heard KH6 but too weak..
10
Band was dead all the time, just with some small opening witch give mults for
us.

More detaled statics look at http://rk3awl.ru/results/18cqwwcw.php

Thanks everyone for this fun event! See your next contests!

73's Yury RL3FT