[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 29 23:16:25 EST 2018

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 30

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   6      3
   80:  15     12
   40:   9      8
   20:   1      1
   15:   0      0
Total:  31     24  Total Score = 744

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Pre-contest I worked K6MR (S3) and think I heard WQ5L and K4BAI.

1st Q was K6MR on 20m; going to 40, the keyer locked up the computer, so used
DanWa logging. .  actually, it's more relaxing than using the computer, as long
as you can keep dupes straight.  Unfortuntely though I could not find the DanWa
#2 pencil so had to use an alternate.

40m not to bad, . .  K7SV, K4BAI,N4AF N3QE all worked easily along with western
stns.
80 was the band to milk in this one.  Pleased to work KE0EK in KS whom I've not
heard before, probably because of zooming around Peru for 3 weeks then CO for
half a week.

160 meters --- couldn't raise anyone outside of West Coast region, although many
others heard (N3QE for example).

Post contest immediately worked CO2AN easily but with a bit of juice.  Then long
CW QSO with DanWa to wrap up the evening.

Hope to see many of you in the 160 ARRL Test starting tommorw night.
Unfortunately my South Am travels prevented significant antenna upgrades that
were planned, but do have wire ready for about 15 new radials under the Inv L
which I'll lay down tomorrow if wx is good (4 inches of rain in last week. .
where was that water when we needed it).  In past 5 years 63% of the land area
of our county (LAKE) has burned.  Effect on grape sales was apparently
devastating following smoke damage from our "mendocino complex" fire
late summer.

FINAL NOTE:  Look for results write-up in the NCCC JUG in a few days. . . I'm
hoping this will be a permanent place for results.  (nov issue. . .see
http://nccc.cc/newsletter.html   November issue.   Because this is our first
official write=up since the NCJ results article of 2009, I've included some
background on the contest.  Jim, N3BB has volunteered to pen maybe the next one.
. he'll be in practice having taken the pensmenship torch for the NCJ CW NAS.

73 Bill n6zfo