[3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 30 11:22:34 EST 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 43:10

  160:  153    11       52
   80:  291    16       66
   40: 1111    33      107
   20:  930    28      107
   15:   95    18       50
   10:   14     3       10

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

Nice session, as usually.

Conditions were quite fine. Low bands over my expectations. This year I more
prefered 40m.
High bands was the one band show - 20m. 15m only for S/P and 10m with rare
unstable signals, but I skip there often to not lose at least few mults. This
year I prefered to run 3 points at 20m and not be at 80m with nice, but of 1
point pileup.

HW works fine, except few chronicaly problems... I'm lazy to solve them :)

This was definitely my last contest in SO1R. I had had pile of all SO2R boxes in
the corner of hamshack. I wanted to built it and have ready for CQWW CW. Then I
made list of all necessary HW and SW issues and I was scared from tons of new
things, which had to be perfectly working from the start of the contest. I'm too
old to spend one of the the most popular contest by climbing between cablesand
finding those one bad soldered pin or swimming through tons of SW settings,
which are set against each other. So I run of old school SO1R. Then I plundered
my SO1R hamshack and started to work on building SO2R just after the contest.

Thanks to all participants, CU in 2019 contests!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements