[3830] CQ WW RTTY JH8KYU/1 SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 1 05:21:19 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: JH8KYU/1
Operator(s):
Station: JH8KYU/1

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Kanagawa-pref.

   80:   18       1        5     4
   40:  165      18       43    21
   20:  350      31       61    27
   15:   79       0       26    18
   10:    6       0        2     2
------------------------------------
Total:  618      50      137    72  Total Score = 422,429

A strong typhoon passed during the contest in Japan and there was much damage by
strong winds.

In my shack on the hill, fortunately the tower did not collapse or the antenna
did not fall, but the 714X and CD78 elements have been tilted greatly.

The condex was much serious for my barefoot radio. Running just 5% and the rest
of all are S&P.

But only around 1340Z, I was able to enjoy running on 40 meters. The high light
was that VY2/W5AJ called me in conjunction with the west coast stations.