[3830] CQ WW RTTY YO9HP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 2 11:40:42 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: YO9HP
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KN35BA

   80:  311       2       55     9
   40:  732      31       88    30
   20:  891      46       89    33
   15:  205      16       62    24
   10:   18       0       15     6
------------------------------------
Total: 2157      95      309   102  Total Score = 2,544,168

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Before the contest I was afraid that most digital modes operators migrated to
FT8 mode and we will have a “thin” participation in CQWW-RTTY. But now,
after the contest, I can say that RTTY is still alive and I hope it will stay
this way for long time.
I was surprised by good quality of signals: not too many overdriven or wide sigs
on the bands. Now, if we can manage to shorten the messages…
Propagation was not too bad, given the solar cycle status. 15 m band offered an
unexpected opening towards USA on Sunday evening (16-17 UTC). Most USA signals
were barely decodable, but all replied at first call. Unfortunately Sat/Sun
around lunch time I had some family commitments, so I lost 6 hours of good
daytime propagation.
It was good I kept all the time one antenna beaming East, so I worked easily
TO6OK, VK6XT etc. I still miss a decent antenna on 80 m band, so the poor
multiplier count on this band affected my final score.
Thanks everyone for calling/answering and see you in next RTTY contest.
73, Alex YO9HP

Rig: IC-7300 / IC-7100
Ant 20-15-10m: OB17-4, OB11-5, Mosley 3 el.
Ant 40m: OB17-4, SP7GXV 2el Yagi.
Ant 80m: Inv-V
Software: N1MM+, MMTTY, 2Tone
Interfaces: Microham