[3830] TxQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 3 15:51:39 EDT 2018

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  146     0       0  Mults = 104  Total Score = 52,552

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Result includes 7000 bonus points for working the following mobiles:
N5NA 25, N5RZ 19, W5CT 14, W3DYA 10, WA5RR 7, AF5Q 5.
Propagation were average on Saturday but better on Sunday.
Nothing heard on 15m so 20m was the only band during day time.
20m closed after 20z, last QSO 20:21. I took a break and made first
40m QSO with W5RRR at 23:15 long before Texas sunset.
40m worked surprizingly good with my simple 1 element vertical loop
but band closed after Texas sunset.
I missed a few counties I could not hear good enough. Some contacts
were more believing than real copy but most mobiles had extremly
good ears, with exception of W5CT where I had a hard time to come through,
not always succeeded. I missed a few counties by Norm W3DYA when he
showed up on 14029.5 where I have a carrier exactly on this
frequency, not loud, but loud enough to cover weak signals.
Thank you for a wonderfull party. I missed the last years but now I am back.
Texas is one of the more difficult states propagation wise but this party
was a lot of fun.
Tks for all the QSOs and back next year
73 Dietmar DL3DXX