[3830] MWaveFallSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 7 11:31:31 EDT 2018

                    Microwave Fall Sprint

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s):
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN03/FN04

Total:  QSOs = 5  Total Score = 353

Drove to FN04vb with heavy rain and fog for the 1,5 hours I was there.  Heard
nothing on 144.260 liason or 902, 1296 or 2304.   Drove back to FN04na and
worked VE3DS on 902 then both VE3DS and VA3ELE on 1296.  Was sending dashes to
VE3DS on 2304 and noted power dropping steady to almost zero  then a burning
odour filled the air, shut it off.  Went to FN03nx to work VE3DS again.  Never
at any time heard any others, prop was horrible.  Left for home at 11;30.

Got out of Rovermobile in the driveway and heard the 81 yrold neighbour next
door calling me from front steps, neede my help to turn them power off.  He has
dementia bad,, said he was cooking.   Told him to turn the stove off.  Found the
house full of smoke, detectors howling, and  a ceramic pot of cranberries split
in
manhy pieces on front burner and burned mess all over flat top stove..  Pot of
covered beans on rear burner still boiling away.  Took control then called his
wife on her cell.  He was clueless about what was happening.  We did have
Thanksgiving spper there after cleaning up the mess.  This is one time I sure do
not regret quitting early.

Thanks to the sponsors and to all who gave out points.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R