[3830] CaQP N6WM SO(A)Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 7 19:50:44 EDT 2018

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: Fremont CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

   40:  101     15
--------------------

QSO total =501, or 1 above goal.

VERYLIMITED TIME due to Preparing for departure with the VP6-D team next
Saturday, so needed to spend some quality time with my Wife and Children, as
well as continue work on packing the special items needed for a Dx-pedition and
preparing to leave in a few short days.  But... CQP!!  I managed to squeeze in
some time while the gang was doing other things from my very teeny little pistol
in Fremont, off and on mostly Saturday.  I have to say there was nary a time
that I could not hold a run frequency.. with just a Dipole at 35 feet, and a
butternut HF2V in the back yard.  Big props to the Flex/403A 6600-PGXL combo for
providing SO2R capability to even the most meager of QTH's with 1 rig and 1
amp!

Anyway.. I am sorry I could not participate with my dear friends at N6O, and
with my amp and filters on the Braveheart in FO, K6L(RG) hilltop was not an
option. So little pistol it was..  Powered by some fancy equipment.

It was great hearing so many CA stations on the air, and was glad to put be a
beacon for a while from ALAM.  Thanks to the new CQP management team and to N6TV
and the county coordination crew..
Equipment:
Flex 6600-M
Flex/403A Power Genius XL
Antennas
15/20: SteppIR dipole on my roof at about 35ft
40/80: Butternut HF2V vertical with lots of radials in a wierd pattern

Amazing I was not getting run off my qrg frequently.. thanks Ranko for an amp
with some **oomph**.  This was the best I could do given my booked sched.

73 and hope to work you all in a couple weeks from the South Pacific!

Chris
N6WM