[3830] CaQP K9CT SO(A)Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 7 22:02:19 EDT 2018

                    California QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: IL

  160:   11      0
   80:   67      8
   15:   78     97
   10:   29     16
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

One of the best QSO parties. Thanks to those that organize and do all of the log
checking and scoring.

Condx were not very good Saturday but did improve a bit on Sunday. We had storms
with lightning and lots of QRN to make things more challenging. Several times I
had to leave the radio and come back.

Prop on the high bands seemed to be over my head and to the east of here. Skip
improved on 20m later with better signal levels. Sunday started slow but 20
opened to CA with better signal strength than Saturday. 15m was marginal up to
mid-day and then opened with very strong signals. Soon I could see 10m signals
appear on cw but not strong. Again, east of us were hearing better. But in an
hour the band really opened with some good signal strength for about an hour. It
was very nice to make several phone QSOs on 10.

My last county was LASS at 21:12Z Saturday with KF6NCX. He was the only one
worked in that county and had 98 QSOs when we worked. I found him by watching
for a cw spot. WL7YQ/6 was the only Glenn that was worked. He was worked at
20:14Z with only 25 QSOs. He was on SSB and not spotted. Both were worked twice
on other bands.

There were few SSB spots and you just had to work through them. There many SSB
operators that never called CQ and just worked S&P. CW ops were consistently
spotted and not many were worked by calling CQ.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and great time. Everyone seemed in good spirits and
having fun. Many new hams were worked and enjoyed learning about the contest and
joining the fray.

73, Craig K9CT

FlexRadio 6600 plus Maestro and Power Genius XL amplifier

Antennas and setup on the website.

www.k9ct.us