[3830] NvQP W7TR(KH2TJ) Cnty Exped SO QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 14 20:41:42 EDT 2018

                    Nevada QSO Party

Call: W7TR
Operator(s): KH2TJ
Station: W7TR

Class: Cnty Exped SO QRP
QTH: NVELK
Operating Time (hrs): <1

    2:          1
----------------------------
Total:   16     1       0  Mults = 12  Total Score = 588

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

One hour to play before heading back out to work.  Set up on SOTA peak
W7N/ES-116, just north of Elko.  Heard lots of activity out of PA and AZ but not
much chance of my little 5 watts doing much.  Ran KX2 into EFW up about 12 feet
at the high end, and just 2 foot (used my hiking stick for an ant support) at
the far end.  Seemed to work OK for the usual SOTA chasers, but no joy in
getting a run and/or calling other stations...Temp was sitting around 44
degrees, but with the wind chill I'm guessing at was somewhere's around the mid
30's.  Sat up there just under an hour, then decided to call it a day as I
wasn't dressed for the conditions   ;-)  I remember playing in the Mustang
Roundup a few years back from here in Elko.  Anyway's, thanks for the chase!
73k Todd KH2TJ