[3830] IlQP N9I(WB8RFB) Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 21 22:25:40 EDT 2018

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: N9I
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: IL (Lake)
Operating Time (hrs): ~6.5

  160:
   80:     70        4
   40:    113      113
------------------------
Total:    183      117  Mults = 92  Total Score = 44,436

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Tried going to 20 CW/Phone twice but heard nothing.  Seemed very slow for first
2.5 hours or so then started to pick up.  Decided to try running a frequency and
that helped rate quite a bit. Did more of that rather than S & P but still
have fat fingers when typing so that has to improve to avoid breaking rhythm.
Added 33% more radials to my HF-2V 80/40 antenna a month ago and seems to have
helped with performance.  Also had no lockups on the U-verse cable modem this
time around too.

On a side note, after 47 years of chasing DX (off and on), I completed 5 Band
DXCC with WARC band endorsements two weeks ago, working Rwanda and Guantanamo
Bay on 80 meter FT8 for # 100 and # 101 respectively!