[3830] CQWW SSB KD9MS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:23:02 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL Zone 4

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   43    13       22
   40:   82    20       42
   20:  212    23       79
   15:  143    22       60
   10:   38     7       13

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I am glad I put down all those ground radials under my 80m antenna this week, it
really did help, even though you can't tell it by the 80m score count. I was
able to work almost everyone I could hear, after the band quieted down.
Highlight from 80m was D4C coming right back to me after the pileup left. Gave
me the confidence to work some more that couldn't hear me in the beginning.

Thanks to W3LPL for the 160 zone 5 and USA multiplier and the Zone 5 I needed on
15 meters. I had most everything else except K9CT worked me for the 20m USA
mult. Love those big station guys. VA3AC was the other 160 contact I had for 2
mults so thank you too!

Everyone was so awesome this weekend working to try to get the contact logged
and correct. I appreciate everyone taking the time to do this. I heard LOTS of
people helping rookies get their information right during the contest, we need
more contesters and more younger ones. It was also nice to hear everyone pause
when the DX station was working a YL and let her get her call in. There are
still lots of gentlemen on the bands and a thank you isn't too much to ask.

I always try to thank the person coming back to my call, I was almost 100%
S&P in this contest and the way I see it, we send TU on CW, so why not on
SSB. I appreciate every QSO I get logged.

20 m was noisy for me but I was able to work there ok. 40 was horrible on Friday
night. People were CQing in my face all evening (not their fault but mine for
doing this with only 100 watts!) 15 was ok, started off right with VP6D first in
my log on 15 then lots of Pacific stations! 10 was a real surprise, but I knew
it would do something because the world was working VP6D on 10 CW, I even worked
them!

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, even though I did complain a bit on
the SMC reflector how bad it was trying to make a QSO. It is what I expected I
suppose, I mean after all, I am running 100 watts. What did I think was going to
happen?

73,
Craig KD9MS