[3830] CQWW SSB K2PO SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:29:59 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Oregon

  160:   15     7        7
   80:   50    10        9
   40:  257    26       54
   20:  466    32       87
   15:  141    20       43
   10:    1     1        1

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The most-worked country was Japan, with 350 Qs.  The second was (wait for it...)
US, with 85.  (This is a hazard of calling CQ, but at least it helps keep the
frequency busy between CQs.)

During the intervals when Europe was workable on 20m, the band was naturally a
zoo.  I eventually managed to raise 39 Europeans by 20m CQing - but only after
the hoards had left for 15m.

Overall I worked 170 Europeans: 3 on 15m (all in Portugal), 144 on 20m, and 23
on 40m.

I worked more BY stations than DLs (21 to 15).

The only 15m JAs I worked were in the first hour on Friday.  Nothing yesterday.
Nothing this afternoon.

Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get when you call
CQ.  Pleasant surprises this contest included being called by YJ, 9M2, 9M6, FK,
TA, BV, V7, KH2 and HS.  Other treats were logging XX9O, VP6D, 5H3MB, 6W1SU,
FR4QT, and a China station in Zone 23.

Tnx to all the ops who traveled to activate the DX!

73,

/Bill, K2PO