[3830] CQWW SSB N6RO SO(A)SB160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:52:37 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)SB160 HP
QTH: CA

  160:  41     11       14
Total:  41     11       14  Total Score = 1,575

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Topband was OK Friday night after 07Z, when I could finally work stations called
much earlier. Highlight was snagging OK7K at 0330Z, first EU heard this season.
He was in for about 2 minutes, never heard agn.  Saturday night was much worse,
poor prop, extreme noise.  Missed 6 mults spotted but never heard from CAR and
SA. CQd to OC for an hour Sun AM with one KH6 taker, no VK/ZL....but got RT0C
pointing NW.

My semi-serious effort was one of five single banders at Radio Oakley, as most
ops couldn't commit to a M/M schedule. Here's who did what:

K3EST 40m:  1067 QSOs 36Z   95C  365K  33 hours  Fri - Sun
WX5S  20m:   406 Q    33Z  122C  171K  18 hours  Sat-Sun
NA6O  15m:   155 Q    21Z   46C  24K    8 hours  Sun
K6DAJ 80m:    31 Q    11Z   22C   2.2K  4 hours  Sat
N6RO  160m:   41 Q    11Z   14C   1.5K  8 hours Fri - Sat  also 8 Qs on 10m
Fri.

At least, we had part of the team here for parts of the weekend, all had a good
time.  We expect to go M/M on the CW weekend, when our VP6D ops N6WM and WA60
return.

CU in SS next weekend.