[3830] CQWW SSB WN4AFP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 22:59:21 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC

   40:   42    11       28
   20:   33    11       20
   15:   62    13       38

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Running a solid IC-751 at 80w with wire antennas at 8-10 feet and actually did
pretty good in this DX contest. I only had a few hours to play this weekend due
to family obligations.40m was a zoo on Friday night... I made some Qs, but
couldn't really get it going, so decided to try the high bands on Sat. Went to
20m Sat around 1600z and quickly decided to go higher. I went to 15m it was wide
open. Worked some 20m on Sunday afternoon and then made some solid Qs on 40m.
It's hard to operate in 'stealth' mode on SSB... I make much less QRM in the
house on CW. Thanks to all the DX stations for pulling out my long and unusual
callsign through the 'traffic'!

Congrats to my fellow Swamp Foxes who were kickin' it in this one! By the way,
if you live in South Carolina, check out the Swamp Fox Contest Group...South
Carolina's only contest club!

73s Dave WN4AFP