[3830] CQWW SSB KE2D M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 23:51:58 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): K2AX K3FT AA3K KC2TN AK2S KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ

  160:   41     9       21
   80:  126    14       57
   40:  298    27       86
   20:  645    28      119
   15:  389    26       99
   10:   90    10       24

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed horrible from our side.  Especially on 160m and 80m. We could
hear Europe often but calling till we were exhausted did no good.  We heard many
other US stations have the same trouble and from what we've heard from others
they were equally frustrated.  10m came alive on Saturday afternoon and was
exciting for an hour or so.  We had no major equipment problems.  The new
IC-7610 worked well as did all of the antennas, some of which were repaired or
rebuilt since last year.  The power went out on Sunday afternoon for about 10
seconds which caused a complete restart of radios, amps (2 min warm up), and
computers but we got everything back up in less than 5 minutes.
Thanks as always to Mark, Donna, and Paige for hosting and feeding us.