[3830] CQWW SSB VK9XG M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 04:00:38 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK9XG
Operator(s): G2NF G3SVL G3WGN G3WPH
Station: VK9XG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Settlement, CI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     1        1
   80:   78    19       31
   40:  192    21       53
   20:  334    27       53
   15:  817    24       86
   10:   74     6       26

Had a ball operating this contest at the end of 6Gs DXpedition to Christmas
Island.
Had lots of amazed reactions when we called EU and other stations to give them
the multiplier.  That gave us huge pleasure - easy to imagine how we would feel
back at the home QTH if we were called by such a rare mult!
Mainly S & P as holding a frequency when you are out in the Indian Ocean is
quite a challenge.  Or even being heard at all...
We believe we broke the VK9X M/2 record from the first QSO...