[3830] CQWW SSB K7HKR SOSB15 Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 05:57:28 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOSB15 LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: AZ

   15:  50     14       25
Total:  50     14       25  Total Score = 5,304

6-foot diameter magnetic loop for 80/40/20 at 5 meters
2el short-beam Yagi for 15 at 5 meters, overhanging the roof and carport
100 watts, IC-7300, from AZ

I got off to a great start on 15 meters, including 8 JA stations in the first 70
minutes.  Unfortunately, not a lot else went right during the weekend due to
equipment and conditions.  My total operating time was around 20 hours, with
half of that on 15 meters.  Sunday morning there was a great 20-meter opening to
Europe, but I couldn't break through "The Wall".  That led me to give
up and just make this an SB15 entry even with 54 other QSOs.  The Caribbean and
South America were the money spots, but I did break through to Portugal/Spain
and ZL briefly on 15 on Sunday.  Sort of a frustrating weekend, with a few high
points.  A lot of great operators, and I apologize for my weak signals,
particularly outside of 15.  If I haven't gone completely to FT8 by then, I'll
be here next year, hi hi.