[3830] CQWW SSB OM2Y(OM2KI) SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 08:36:31 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM2Y
Operator(s): OM2KI
Station: OM2Y

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: OM7M
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 2804    40      140

This time some members of OM7M crue were out of the country during the contest
/Lubo OM5ZW at YJ0GC, Miro OM5RW at ED8W/ so we decided to skip SSB part in  M/S
and  participate only in SO category. It was a difficult to chose a particular
band for  SO operatio.  Either 80m with 2el. Optibeam Yagi  or 40m with a big
4el.HB9CV is very competitive, both of them with a good perpective to succeed in
the final result. Nevertheless we decided  to test the effectiveness of the new
3x4el stack on 20m. My thanks goes to the rest of the OM7M members for this
opportunity. The band began to open early in the morning and some stations from
the east were really strong. But  except some nice multipliers I was  not able
to run real pile up. Although condx were not the best /I would say average both
days and poor on sunday morning/, I experienced some nice runs to W/VE. It was
great to be called by some nice multipliers and complete all 40 zones /TG9ANF
from zone 7 was the last one worked on sunday afternoon/.  The band was closed
at 7pm UTC both days. What to say? All setup worked flawlessly during the
weekend. TCVR IC7610 used instead of FTDX-5000MP.  Such a great radio. The
3x4el. stack to W/VE direction proved to be excellent antenna and together  with
2x6el. to JA/VK  the  20m band would not be a weakest link in upcoming CW part.
I hope that OM7M will be  back in the game in competitive M/S category with a
great teams like IR4M, E7DX, LZ5R and others... Milan/OM2KI