[3830] CQWW SSB K5KG SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 09:08:48 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 21:12

  160:   25     8       16
   80:  110    14       57
   40:  197    21       71
   20:  349    29       92
   15:  218    25       78
   10:   64    10       23
------------------------------
Total:  963   107      337  Total Score = 1,185,036

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I got a good start with expectations of hitting this contest hard all weekend.
However, about five hours into the contest, my KPA1500 amp faulted off.  I was
unable to determine the reason, and was not able to get it back on the air.
This was a real set back (both physically emotionally) and, since the hour was
late, I went to bed.  When I got back up, I replaced the KPA1500 with my KPA500
and resumed operation at the 500w level.

I worked the balance of the contest using the 500w amp.  Band condx were
reasonably good, and I was pleased with my result, although it was only a
part-time operation with the loss of the 1500w amp.

Station:
K3 + KPA500 & partially KPA1500
Triband yagi
2el 40m yagi