[3830] CQWW SSB K1LZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 12:10:52 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): W1UE KC1CWF N1RR K1VR K3JO YT6W
Station: K1LZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA

  160:   93    12       50
   80:  262    23       87
   40:  680    32      110
   20: 1689    30      128
   15:  739    27      114
   10:   24    10       24

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Overall, we had a good time this weekend.  The propagation gods weren't
particularly smiling, but it was the same for everyone.  Had a surprising run on
160M Sunday morning; many Europeans called in during that hour, pumping up the
country total.  80 and 40, by that time, were worked out, so it was good to see
some life in 160M.

Other notes:
D4C was the only 10M station worked on the other side of the "pond".
All the 10M QSOs were made on Saturday; other than a few locals, we never heard
another 10m signal on Sunday.  It wasn't for not trying!
15M- Saturday opening to Europe was 3 hours long; on Sunday, it was about half
that.  Good rates while it lasted, but it didn't last long enough.

Thanks to Krassy K1LZ for the use of his great station.  Also a big thank you
to K3JO, who handled midnight calls both nights when the station bandswitching
automation locked up.

Dennis W1UE