[3830] CQWW SSB OT6M(ON9CC) SO(A)SB20 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 14:16:44 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: SO(A)SB20 QRP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 23:09

   20:  461    22       87

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

As I have just little QRP experience and I noticed there was no entry for
Belgium for SOA 20m QRP, I decided to give it a try. I didn't expect to work for
instance JA or USA East coast, but after numerous times calling I even got those
to hear my QRP signal. Strange though that some BIG signal stations didn't hear
me (although calling CQ w/o anyone else responding) and tiny signals hearing me
at my first call. For the rest I guess working QRP in an SSB contest is about
constant turning the VFO knob as I did call CQ a couple of times without being
heard.

Anyway, it was fun and for me working JA or zone 3 with QRP power is just as
exciting as having a 300+ rate ... kinda ... ;)

Station: IC7800
Antennas: OB11-3 and 3 el.SteppIR.
Thanks all who dug out my signal!

73