[3830] CQWW SSB V26B M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 14:29:13 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: V26B
Operator(s): N3OCWT3Q K3RA K1DQV K3TUF K3EJJ
Station: V26B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Antigua

  160:  267    15       51
   80: 1230    24       97
   40: 1521    31      113
   20: 3547    34      123
   15: 1790    30      101
   10:  324    13       27

Club: 2/3 PVRC, 1/3 FRC

Comments:

Great fun this year.  3 station M/M with 6 ops.  WT3Q-160, N3OC-80, K3TUF-40,
K3RA-20, K3EJJ-15 & K1DQV-10.

Conditions were great on 20,40,80 with lots of cool DX on those bands.  15 was
better than we expected and 10 was about what we expected.  160 was not as good
as last year.  The Caribbean always has difficulty receiving on the low bands,
something about the magnetic flux just doesn't agree with us down here.  This
will be the new normal contesting from the Caribbean at the bottom of the solar
cycle.

First for this year was noobie K3EJJ with his divining rods locating cable
faults with them (if you believe that I have some waterfront property down here
to sell you).  I am still not a 100% believer but they did reliable locate
buried cables for us.

This is our first contest after the passing of the station owner Roy Carty,
V21N.  We came down a month ago for his funeral.  We miss him and it great news
for us that his final arrangements allowed for us to continue to use the station
in to the future, with the help of his XYL Pansy and sister Leontine.

See you in the pileups as V26K (by AA3B) next month!

Brian N3OC