[3830] CQWW SSB ES6RW(ES5RW) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 15:26:16 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES6RW
Operator(s): ES5RW
Station: ES6Q

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: KO37OP

  160:  154     7       33
   80:  265    15       53
   40:  631    25       85
   20: 1177    30       93
   15:  459    28       91
   10:  111     9       33

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Classic overlay seems to fit me best, however, finding a good balance between
running versus S&P may not be that easy, in particular during these days of
decling propagation. The more north the more one is affected by the solar cycle.
Tried hard and hoped for but never got a decent NA run on high bands, not
talking about low bands. Just 2 hours Sunday evening on 20. My best hourly rate
was 234 Sunday morning but these were mostly 1-pointers with some JA's.

Congratulations to my closest competitor Manfred DJ5MW - switching on the radio
and running US pileup for 5 hours in a row on 20 Saturday afternoon - what a
start! Last year there was a 5 percent difference in our claimed scores that end
up in 3 percent difference after log checking. This year the claimed difference
is 1.5 percent, so log checking has to be seen.

Thanks to all callers.

73, Rein, ES5RW/ES6RW