[3830] CQWW SSB W0AIH M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 23:18:35 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): W0AIH M5FUN K9MU N0MK KB9AZZ W0ZF N9ISN N0KD K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WI

  160:  132    17       41
   80:  192    23       64
   40:  319    33       83
   20:  917    29      114
   15:  218    28       74
   10:   18     6        6

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Slogging thru another contest with poor solar conditions makes it a long
weekend.  Still fun working what we can though.

10 meters was really closed for us.  The first station went in the log on 10
Sunday.  I think it was a stateside station.  We did manage a few others as
Sunday went on for 10.  The nice thing is most everything is a mult or a double
mult.

Saturday, the power went out for 2.5 hours.  Unfortunately the generator was not
up to the task.  On the plus side, Paul says a constant noise source he
suspected that was coming from a few miles away in town seems to be gone.  So
possibly something finally fried.  It could have done that any other weekend
though.

Paul was showing a new op the ropes.  Laura lives nearby and is working on
getting her license.  So hopefully we can show here what things can be like when
the sun wakes up again and provides a LOT more action.

We were down about 1.5 million from last year.  Can we be at the bottom of the
cycle yet?  Please??

Here is last years results:

  160:  78    12      23
  80:  236    20      60
  40:  420    32      91
  20: 1015    30      115
  15:  801    30      115
  10:  178    11      36
Total: 2728  135      440  Total Score = 3,605,250

C ya for CW in November.

Thanks to Paul and Mary for another fun weekend at "The Farm".

73, John  K0TG

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/