[3830] CQWW SSB S57AL(@DZ918) SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 31 05:40:36 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S57AL
Operator(s): S57AL
Station: DZ918

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Domžale

   80: 2404    30      108
Total: 2404    30      108  Total Score = 473,478

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

What a contest!

The 35 year old desire came true.
Place the 80m antenna as close as possible to its wavelength.
A support tower of sufficient height was available to enable the project to be
realized.

Within a last month, all activities for the realization of the project took a
place. The plan was to set 4.el quad for NA and 2.el for the NE + slooper for
the south.

Because of the limited place, the elements had to be attached to a diagonal
(carrier rope) that was clamped at a height of 140m, which required a special
calculation due to the parts and elongations themselves.
Since the antenna has a boom length of 41m, the reflector appex point is limited
at a height of 85m. Center of antenna is 70m.

For antennas I used 800m wires, 1000m anchoring lines, 500m coax cables and of
course approx. 100 working hours.

The contest was over expectations. After the first hour in the log 235Q. Good
feeling that the thing works.

But the antennas are very narrow (80khz) so I was forced to work in the range of
3720-3800.

I was almost whole contest on CQ, only on the first night 10Q on S&P.

Of course, such a project is not feasible without many pairs of hands, which
have helped to intertwine base and support ropes so that the antennas can reach
their height.

So, I thank you once again for helping the world famous S50C team (TK0C).

Especially to Goran S55OO, Sine S53RM and Robi S53WW for their technical
assistance. Thank you friends!

CU in CW.

73, Ivo S57AL