[3830] MDC QP K3CCR Club HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 3 23:30:08 EDT 2018

                    Maryland/DC QSO Party

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: Club HP
QTH: MD

  160:
   80:   19     48
   40:   37    199
   20:    9    104
----------------------------
Total:   65    351      0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 49,402

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC.

N3UM and W3GB operated in the Club category. In the first hr. we
got 71 total Qs on 20m. SSB and 40m. CW, then 81 total Qs on 20
and 40 SSB in the second hr. But, after those first 2 hrs. rate
dropped to between 18 and 38 total Qs/hr, except for 00-01Z when
we got 62 Qs running on 40m. SSB and 27 on 80m. SSB for 89 Qs total.

As in past MDC QPs we got few Qs on CW, just 16% this year. QRN
from nearby storms was very high on 80m., S7 or more, but not so
bad on 40, probably due to the directivity of our 2-el. beam.

We worked no W7 or W6 states except for WY on 40 m.! We worked 16
MD counties and missed 9.

Compared with our last MDC QP effort in 2016, we were pleased to
claim 3/4 the score and 93% as many mults in 8 vs. 10.8 hrs. operating.
We hope for less QRN and better propagation to the west in the 2019 MDC QP.