[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 11:59:58 EDT 2018

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

   80:    8      .3
   40:  100     2.4
   20:   41     1.3
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I fired up the KPA-0.0033 amplifier and tried to dash across the
road in front of the speeding trucks. With the big and clicky KWs
on the band, QRP has to dodge the crashing alligators.

20m conditions were poor, so people left early. It was clear people
were leaving the band after the first half-hour. I dashed until 0106z
when I went 10 minutes without a QSO, so I had to leave...

40m QRP with still 90 minutes until sunset, among the crashing
alligators - fun! I worked CA, CA, CA ... you get the idea. Eventually
I managed to get noticed and 40m got better and better, so of course
people left to 80m.

Finally at the last half-hour I ventured onto 80m, where the poor rate
of 8 QSOs in 20 minutes chased me back to 40m for 4 new ones.
On 80m, when there are KWs to work, the tired alligators don't
bother for a weak signal, its just the nature of a Sprint.

Not as fast or fun as the Thursday night NS Sprints, but enjoyable
to hear and work all the usual suspects.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: GXP 3 element yagi at 72 feet
40m: GXP 2 element yagi at 72 feet
80m: 4 square array
Elecraft K3 turned down to 5 watts, K3/0-Mini control head
RemoteHamRadio.com
Writelog