[3830] WAE SSB ZM4T(ZL3IO) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 17:49:40 EDT 2018

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs): 5:25

   80:    8          12
   40:  339   330   114
   20:   17    10    16
-------------------------
Total:  364   340   142  Total Score = 99,684

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

20m never opened SP or LP to EU. There was a very short opening via North
America. I had hope for a UTC Sunday morning skip via SP since I could hear
Europeans coming out of the noise. But my own CQ's resulted in one QSO until
other EU's started CQing on top of me. Soon after signals on 20 faded away
again.
40m worked okay via long path but nothing via short path.
80m QSO's were also all long path and within 10 minutes around a DX cluster
spot.
I actually spent more time on the radio than seen from the op time watching dead
bands.
K3 + KPA500
80m: 4 square
40m: 2 element