[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K4LY/4 Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 10 13:28:15 EDT 2018

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K4LY/4
Operator(s): HTTPS://WWW.FLICKR.COM/PHOTOS/CAROLINABUTTERFLIES/SETS/72157634820396548/
Station: K4LY/4

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EM85

    2:  14      9
  222:
  432:  10      6
  903:
  1.2:   2      2
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  26     17  Total Score = 680

Operated portable 4 QRP from below summit of Mount Mitchell, NC.  My neighbor
Tony, KK4JRZ who operated separately on 6, 2, and 432 about 40 yards from me,
and I drove the 2 hours to the parking lot just below the base of Mount Mitchel
and after almost an hour of setting up our towers and antennas, and ready to
operate, were told my a ranger we could not operate there and had to move to the
lower parking lot about 150 yards away.  This meant dissembling and reassembling
everything at the lower location with both the mountain peak and now the upper
parking lot blocking everything from SSE to west.  We finally got on the air at
1225 local and operated until the rains started two hours later.  On 144, we
worked N3XF, FN00, and W3EKC, FM19, for the best DX under flat conditions.